Chamber of Commerce D&I Mission
To encourage, support and educate employers to build inclusive workplace environments, as they seek to value and strengthen diversity.
The following local resources/experts are available for confidential consultation.
Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer - SUNY Cortland
- Support on how to diversify staff, engage our students or other customers from diverse backgrounds, and hold difficult conversations related to race and/or gender. In person, phone, virtual calls, or via email
Sam Adams (she/her)
Program Coordinator - Cortland LGBTQ Center
- Available training topics: attracting and retaining LGBTQ employees, creating welcoming spaces for LGBTQ clients and customers, and company policy review.
- Email Sam (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more or schedule a training.
JM Murray/Employment Connection
607-756-9913 or 607-756-4041
842 Bennie Road, Cortland NY 13045
- Contact us to diversify your workforce and tap in to the talent and variety of skills offered by individuals with disabilities
- Learn more about reasonable accommodations and the resources available to assist employers
- Find out more information about work incentives that are offered to businesses when they hire an individual with a disability
- Reach out to us to get some support with job coaching for an employee who may be struggling
- Stone Soup Cortland video (2:42)
- New Haven Consulting Group training ($20/$25) >20 years’ experience in D&I
- D&I previously viewed, “geared toward HR and Leadership Teams”
- NHCG also has other trainings
- Recorded Webinar
- An Open Conversation: Racial Inclusion, Diversity and Equality in Business
- YWCA Cortland 2022 Stand Against Racism Challenge
- April 4-May 2 / Weekdays
- A free 21-day virtual learning opportunity that explores a different equity and social justice topic each week.
- Equity training video
There are a variety of events nationally but we have many events locally as well!
Stone Soup Cortland